|Subjects:||Physics – Velocity, acceleration, acceleration due to gravity, terminal velocity|
|Age:||14-18 years old|
This resource gives students a brief overview of the different options available when building their CanSat parachute. Students will learn about the underlying physics of parachutes and their design and how to control the speed of their CanSat.
- Understand the difference between weight and mass.
- Identify different parachute types and discuss their design and construction.
- Appreciate why it is important to test a parachute.
- Understand the concept of terminal velocity.
- Represent graphs with corrects units and labels.